Top 10 eCommerce Copywriting Tips to Boost Your Business Sales
Since the rise of social media and search engine marketing, eCommerce websites have become increasingly more competitive. With more and more people looking for goods and services online, there has never been a higher demand for professional ecommerce copywriting services as well as fba calculators. With so many choices available to online shoppers, it’s important that your website is able to provide clear and concise information about your business, its products or services, and the advantages of purchasing from you. The following are some eCommerce copywriting tips to help get you started.
1. Make your content easy to read
Consumers love articles that are interactive, engaging, and full of interesting facts. Research has shown that people are more likely to share interesting content on social media. Relevant statistics, images, videos, infographics and interactive features are great ways to make your eCommerce copywriting more attractive to your readers.
2. Use sub-headings
People often scan online articles without ever reading them word for word. Sub-headings are an important eCommerce copywriting tool to help get your point across without writing a novel. Break up your text into smaller, easier to read paragraphs and sprinkle in relevant keywords wherever you can.
3. Don’t be afraid of numbers
Statistics are great ways to back up any claims you make about your online business. If there’s a positive trend in the number of people who visit your website, try using an engaging statistic to highlight the increase. Use numbers that best convey your point and aim for 100 or less words per paragraph.
4. Offer great customer service
Nothing is worse for your ecommerce business than negative reviews, especially on sites like Yelp. If you’re able to provide the best customer service possible, it will be reflected in your online ratings and could even help you turn unhappy customers into loyal buyers.
5. Aim for 1-2% conversion rates
The number of people who visit your website is not the same as the number of people who will actually buy from you. Aim to have at least 1-2% of your visitors purchasing from your business based on what they find during their initial visit.
6. Focus on quality over quantity
While it’s important to publish new content on your ecommerce website, you want to make sure that everything is relevant and accurate. Your goal should be to create awesome content that will help you connect with consumers at the most fundamental level.
7. Advertise on social media
Research has shown that consumers are more likely to engage with articles they find interesting. If you’re able to create content that gets your audience excited, they will be more than willing to follow you on social media.
8. Optimize for mobile devices
The vast majority of people use their smartphones or other handheld devices when searching online. Make sure that all of your eCommerce copywriting is easily readable on any screen size.
9. Include an ‘About Us’ page
This allows you to highlight your business’s history, values and other important details. It also provides irrefutable proof that you are who you say you are!
10. Always test different elements of your copywriting
A/B testing is a great way to ensure that what you’re offering works for your audience. Test different headlines, colors, images, fonts and anything else that might affect the likelihood of someone purchasing from your business or following you on social media.
- eCommerce copywriting is a great way to highlight the benefits of using your business, its products and services
- All content should be easy to read and interesting
- Sub-headings break up text into easier to digest paragraphs
- Insert relevant statistics that will catch the attention of readers
- Great customer service results in less negative reviews on third party websites such as Yelp
- Aim for 1% – 2% conversion rates from visitors who land on your website to those who purchase or follow you on social media
- Ensure that all your ecommerce copywriting is readable from any mobile device by minimizing images or other elements that might not be compatible with handheld devices.
e-Commerce copywriting is a great way to let readers know that your business will help them reach their goals. Be sure to follow all of these tips to ensure your ecommerce copywriting works for you!
Salman Zafar is a serial entrepreneur, digital marketer, writer and publisher. He is the Founder of Techie Loops
2 thoughts on “Top 10 eCommerce Copywriting Tips to Boost Your Business Sales”